The Reason Of Caterpillar Excavator Electronic Maintenance Tool Does Not Communicate With ECM :
1. Communication adapter configuration error.
2. Poor connector connection.
3. Poor communication adapter or cable connection.
4. The power supply to the service tool connector is poor.
5. ET and related hardware failure.
6. The ECM has no power supply.
7. The personalization module (flash file) is incorrect.
8. There is a problem with the automatic data transmitter.
Troubleshooting the excavator electronic service tool does not communicate with the ECM:
1. Start the diesel engine. If the ECM does not communicate with ET after the diesel engine is started, continue with this procedure. The diesel engine fails to start.
2. Select Preferences in the Utilities menu on et.
3. Confirm that the correct communication interface has been selected.
4. Check that the correct communication adapter port is selected. Note that the most commonly used hole is comi.
5. Check that any hardware and communication adapters use the same hole. If any device is set to use the same hole, exit or close the software program of this device.
6. Check the ECM connectors JL / PL and J2 / P2 and the service tool connectors for proper installation.
7. If you are using a communication adapter, verify that the communication adapter's programming language and drive files are up-to-date. If the program language and driver file are not compatible, the communication adapter cannot communicate with ET.
8. Disconnect the communication adapter and cable from the service tool connector, and then connect the communication adapter back to the service tool connector.
9. Verify that the correct cable is used between the communication adapter and the service tool connector.
10. Check the battery voltage to the service tool connector post. If the communication adapter is not powered up, the display on the communication adapter will be blank.
11. Check the ET hardware. In order to confirm whether ET and related hardware are faulty, connect et to another diesel engine. If the same problem occurs with another diesel engine, check the ET and related hardware to determine the cause of the problem.
12. Check the power supply to the ECM. If the ECM does not receive battery voltage, the ECM will not be able to communicate.
13. Verify that the correct personality module is correctly installed in the ECM. The personalization module in the new ECM is blank, and the diesel engine does not start communication until the personalization module is flashed.
14. Troubleshoot the data auto transmitter.